Today I want to write about something a little bit different. I want to take some time to write about what I think are the core values by which I want to live and that hopefully define who I am. Here are the five values that I decided to go with:
- Positivity: I believe that today was better than yesterday and that tomorrow will be better than today. Situations can always be worse and to every problem there’s a solution.
- Perseverance: I keep pushing for the things that I believe in. I might not get it right the 1st or 100th time but eventually I will.
- Openness: Socrates said it best “The unexamined life is not worth living”. I am open to ideas and beliefs that challenge my own. This is easier said than done but if done successfully it’s extremely rewarding.
- Awareness: I’ve learned that the best way to live a better life and become a better person every day is to be very aware of who you are and how you change with your actions. Still working on living more in the moment.
- Gratitude: I am unbelievably lucky and I know it. I am extremely grateful for what I have and what I don’t and I want to let the universe know that.
All of these values (some more than others) are aspirational. For example, I am trying to practice being more grateful for the opportunities that I receive in life and for all the other positive things that come my way. The same goes for positivity, openness and awareness. I also try to constantly reflect on how I spend my energy in order to be more effective and perseverant in what I do.
My objective now is to use these 5 core values to inform my decisions and the way I live. I believe that I have a head start on these and because of that I want to double down on them and see where that takes me. Let’s see how it goes!
If you also have some core values that you try to live by or aspire to please feel free to share them!